In the name of the NSPCC we decided to take on our biggest challenge to date…A 24 HOUR ROW-A-THON!
In 2018, we decided to give ourselves our biggest fundraising target ever…to raise £15,000 in aid of the NSPCC. Our 24-hour row-a-thon started at 6am on Friday 14th September and continued (non-stop) through the night until 6am Saturday 15th September – the wheels of the rowing machine were not allowed to stop turning!
The NSPCC was our chosen charity this year because they believe that every child is worth fighting for – and so do we. Child abuse leaves scars which last a lifetime, but together we can play a part to help prevent this happening and ensure that children grow up healthy and thrive as all children should.
With all the donations received, we would be helping the NSPCC to support children who suffer from abuse.
• £3 could pay for their Speak out Stay Safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse.
• £4 could answer a call to Childline
• £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
• £25 could pay for a trained practitioner for an hour – supporting parents and families in caring for children
• £555 could pay for their Speak out Stay Safe Programme to visit one primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
• £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer
We managed to exceed well over our target of £15,000 and instead we raised a grand total of £18,508! In true One Avenue style we came together and united as a family to accomplish an amazing challenge that will go down in history… You can watch our journey to £18,508 on the video above.