NSPCC Charity Fundraiser
In the name of the NSPCC we decided to take on our biggest challenge to date…
Every year at One Avenue Group we challenge ourselves physically to accomplish a goal of raising money for a chosen charity and each year we want to push the boundaries further to go above and beyond what is expected of us. In 2018, we decided to give ourselves our biggest target ever…to raise £15,000 in aid of the NSPCC! As the target has increased, we wanted to not only challenge ourselves physically, but also mentally.
Our 24-hour row-a-thon started at 6am on Friday 14th September and continued (non-stop) through the night until 6am Saturday 15th September – the wheels of the rowing machine were not allowed to stop turning!
The NSPCC was our chosen charity this year because they believe that every child is worth fighting for- and so do we. Child abuse casts a shadow that lasts a lifetime but together we can play a part to help prevent child abuse and ensure that children grow up healthy and thrive as all children deserve.
With all the donations received, we would be helping the NSPCC to support children who suffer from abuse.
- £3 could pay for their Speak out Stay Safe programme to reach 1 primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse.
- £4 could answer a call to Childline
- £5 could cover the cost of answering a call to the NSPCC helpline
- £25 could pay for a trained practitioner for an hour – supporting parents and families in caring for children
- £555 could pay for their Speak out Stay Safe Programme to visit one primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11
- £1,600 could pay to recruit, train and support a new Childline volunteer
We managed to exceed well over our target of £15,000 and instead raised – £18,508!
In true One Avenue style we came together and united as a family to accomplish an amazing challenge that will go down in history…